This smoothie is my go-to power, nutrient, vitamin and mineral packed punch for my kiddos!
I make this about 3 mornings per week and set a timer for 6 minutes.
My oldest son is my pickiest eater, but even he has learned to take this down no problem. He has also learned that there is no use in whining and complaining, because we've been doing this for years. My younger three actually enjoy the smoothie, and I probably wouldn't even need to set a timer if it were not for the oldest.
And without further delay, here it is. Our Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Smoothie:
(Makes about 3 large smoothies)
- 1 cup of frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries or mixed berries- whatever you have)
- 1 banana
- handful of kale (or baby kale/spinach mix is a little gentler)
- 2 raw egg yolks (good quality, local, unpasteurized eggs- ONLY the yolks)
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed or flaxseed powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon of collagen hydrolysate (I love this brand!)
- 1 small cube of frozen raw, grass-fed beef liver (whhhaaat? yes, I said raw beef liver. If you don't know all of the benefits of raw, grass-fed organ meats, check it out!)
- 1/2 cup of cultured, unsweetened yogurt (optional for creamer texture) or a few ice cubes for icier texture
- 1 1/2 cups of raw milk
- 1/2 cup of whatever, good-quality juice
- maaaybe 3 drops of liquid stevia to sweeten the deal- or a half scoop of this powder which I sometimes buy for myself.
Yes, this smoothie really does have everything but the kitchen sink!
But I find that it's extremely easy to throw together with what I already have on hand.
We are a pretty laid-back family and as long as my kids are getting good nutrients into their body on a regular basis, then I am relatively lax on what they eat when we are out and about, at restaurants or gatherings. And by the grace of God, we have all remained very healthy!!
I hope this recipe helps to bring nourishment to your family as well. Cheers!